Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Letter

                 "Hi there my name is Callie and I want to share with you a wonderful story about a simple romance and a simple little letter."

       "Sarah was just an average 18 year old girl, she had found herself a very handsome boyfriend, Nathan, and he was perfect to her. She was also about to graduate from high school. Nathan was so proud of her and he was so excited for her that he didn't know if he could tell her the news that he had for her. He knew exactly what her reaction would be he just didn't know if he could take it. So instead of telling her this news in person Nathan decided to write her a simple letter. He would give Sarah the letter after her graduation and just before he left. Sarah was very nervous about graduation, but she didn't the surprise that awaited her after graduation. This would be the biggest surprise of all and would change her life in so many more ways than graduating from high school. Nathans letter had more in it than she could ever imagine if she knew he was giving it to her. Graduation was over and so was the party and everyone else had gone but Nathan stayed a little longer to help clean up. As he was leaving he gave her the letter and as he huged her he whispered not to open it till she got home. It was the end of the night and everything was cleaned up so Sarah headed home. When she arrived home she stayed in her car for a little while and she opened the letter from Nathan and this is what she read."
        "My dearest Sarah,
             I am writting you this letter because I don't think I could handle your reaction to what I am about to tell you. I'm leaving for aproximently two years, I have joined the Navy. By the time you are reading this letter I will already be gone. I am so sorry I couldn't tell you face to face. Please don't cry, I promise to do my best stay safe and I won't forget you and I will always love you no matter what. Stay strong and I will be home before ya know it.
                                        
                                                             Love always,
                                                                        Nathan"
      
       "As Sarah finished the letter tears were running down her cheek. She was afraid now that she would never see Nathan again. Tonight could be her last night to ever look into those deep blue eyes. Sarah began to think of all the times she took advantage of having Nathan there with her all the time. In two years wheather she had heard from him or not she would be down at the harbor looking for her Nathan."

     "Twenty years have gone by since then and Sarah was at the harbor and did find Nathan and they are now happily married with two lovely children, Thank you for reading this story about how love can last any distance for any length of time."

No comments:

Post a Comment