Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Liberty & Freedom

          We fight for our lives. We don't back down. We are America, we don't give up. America is where I was born and raised and I'm proud of it. Where else would I have the freedom and privelege to be writing this right now or be raised in a Christian home or even call myself a Christian or be able to have a say in who is in control of my country? Is there any other country where I can have so many shoes and still have money? Americas title is "The land of the free and the home of the brave" but we were not just given that title, we had to earn it. How we earned our title is through fighting many wars and battles for freedom and liberty. Many great men and women have given their lives for that title and this countrys freedom. So many families have lost moms, dads, brothers, and sisters and it pains me when I see people be so disrespectful to these people and their families. If you are proud to be an American then you should show it. Wave this countrys colors from the highest point, don't disrespect this country by hiding in a little box, but I don't ever want any of us to forget the real reason we are all here and the person who actually gave us our freedom. Without him we wouldn't have our heros, but He is the biggest hero of all.
        Over two thousand years ago on a little hill in a small town a battle was raging between good and evil, between darkness and light. It was the biggest battle of all time and would be study by many people for many years to come. It was a battle that took place hanging on a tree in the middle of two theives that deserved death. This was the battle that would set all men and women free from the biggest bondage of all, sin. Here in America we have a statue of liberty and sometimes we just call her "Lady Liberty" but in my own heart I also have a statue of liberty and I just call it "The Cross and the blood." We as Americans have done a lot to make sure that people know that we are proud to be Americans, but we as Christians don't seem to do so well at letting people know that we are proud to Christians. If you look back through history the biggest battle were not fought for the freedom of America, the biggest battle was the one fought for our souls. So we need to raise our banner and raise it higher than any other. Rememeber Jesus our hero who gave his own life for ours. God has given us a banner to fly so lets fly it high, lets prove to people that we as Christians are free because of one man dying for us. Let us show them the joy that being free from sin can bring, lets life our lives pure and holy. Lets give God all the glory and not just some random person who found out that moldy bread can actually make a person feel better. Lets give this life all we have.
         I have spent several years trying to figure out what God's plan is for my life and no I still don't have it completely figured out although I am starting to get a small glimpse as to what I am suppose to do. I'm not a person who is really great at communicating a poin or even just communicating in general. God has given me so many gifts, but I don't use them cause I'm so scared of what poeple might think of me if I mess up just a little, so I keep my gifts in a box and don't use them to give God any glory and that is not what He gave them to me. We all, including myself, need to learn to just forget about what people will think and take our gifts out of the box and use them to bring glory to God, the one person who deserves everything we have. It's time we all take a stand and just be us and be who God created us to be, not what people want us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment